- Kelly’s Puddings go ‘All Ireland’ with Lidl
- Catalan Theme at next Market Lane Chef Sessions
- CHEF’S TABLE - SEASONS 5 & 6
- Franciscan Well wins Best Tourist Bar in Ireland
- Waterford Harvest Festival brings taste-bud tingling, foodie fun to the city
- Cliff House Hotel to host Harty’s Oyster Tour & Su...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection wins ‘Own Label Brand of the Year’ at the Food & Drink Business Awards 2018
- Market Lane Group Helps Keep Youth Rowing Programme Afloat
- 2018 A Taste of West Cork Food Festival has lift-off!
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- DERRY CLARKE & GARY O’HANLON TO HEADLINE STRANDHI...
- Waterford Harvest Festival A family-fun, festive ...
- Brownes - The Bar at Great Southern Killarney - wi...
- World's Best for Eight Degrees Brewing's Howling G...
- Blog Policy
Saturday, July 7, 2018
The buying of the car was another attempt on the Captain’s part to rescue his daughter from her isolation…. ‘Today, the races?’ he suggested and they would set out for Lismore or Clonmel. He took her to the Opera House in Cork, dinner first in the Victoria Hotel, where an old woman once stood up and in a quivering voice sang the last few lines of an aria from Tannhaüser. The diners applauded and the Captain was reminded of the afternoon in the Città Alta..”
from The Story of Lucy Gault by William Trevor (2002). Very Highly Recommended.