- Declare Your Pride in Irish Food urges Restaurateu...
- Michelin Starred Chef Andy McFadden Shares His Favourite Quinoa Recipes
- Easter at The K Club. Eggs. And Golf!
- Kilkenny School of Food Seeks Tutors!
- Georgina Campbell’s Ireland - The Best of the Best
- Cahernane House Hotel entering final stage of €6.5...
- The Cask Ales and Extraordinary Brewing Festival a...
- EU PROGRAMME TO PROVIDE FOOD TO MOST DEPRIVED THRO...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Jean Smullen's Wine Diary
- The Franciscan Well Reveals Its First Festival of ...
- Blog Policy
Friday, January 12, 2018
They hadn’t finished the champagne, yet Nat had ordered another bottle to go with the starters, brandade of smoked trout for her, fruits de mer in aspic for him. He’d also asked for a jar of caviar on the side……..
The waiter had poured, and departed.
‘Puligny,” Nat supplied, unable to stop himself giving the glass a pompous swirl and sniff. ‘When you dream of France, you’re really dreaming of Burgundy.’
from Eureka by Anthony Quinn (2017). Recommended