- Declare Your Pride in Irish Food urges Restaurateu...
- Michelin Starred Chef Andy McFadden Shares His Favourite Quinoa Recipes
- Easter at The K Club. Eggs. And Golf!
- Kilkenny School of Food Seeks Tutors!
- Georgina Campbell’s Ireland - The Best of the Best
- Cahernane House Hotel entering final stage of €6.5...
- The Cask Ales and Extraordinary Brewing Festival a...
- EU PROGRAMME TO PROVIDE FOOD TO MOST DEPRIVED THRO...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Jean Smullen's Wine Diary
- The Franciscan Well Reveals Its First Festival of ...
- Blog Policy
Friday, January 5, 2018
All in all, football is a perishable product, its use-by date is immediate. It must be consumed straight away, like oysters, whelks, langoustines, prawns (I will spare you the exhaustive composition of the plateau). It must be enjoyed fresh, in the intensity of the moment, in the heat of immediacy. Football does not age well, it is a diamond that only shines brightly today… Even legendary finals are faded. Their perfume has vanished into the dust of time..
from Football by Jean-Philippe Toussaint (2015). Recommended.