- FYFFES CELEBRATES 130 YEARS
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Kelly’s Puddings go ‘All Ireland’ with Lidl
- Munster Wine & Dine. Baltimore & Longueville on the Autumn Agenda.
- A fantastic week at Feast Cork 2018
- INTRODUCING CRUST, WEXFORD. A true Neapolitan Piz...
- Catalan Theme at next Market Lane Chef Sessions
- CHEF’S TABLE - SEASONS 5 & 6
- Franciscan Well wins Best Tourist Bar in Ireland
- Waterford Harvest Festival brings taste-bud tingling, foodie fun to the city
- Cliff House Hotel to host Harty’s Oyster Tour & Su...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection wins ‘Own Label Brand of the Year’ at the Food & Drink Business Awards 2018
- Market Lane Group Helps Keep Youth Rowing Programme Afloat
- Blog Policy
- DERRY CLARKE & GARY O’HANLON TO HEADLINE STRANDHI...
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Superb Line-up of Food and Drink Events for next week!
Festival Cork are in their second year now and have once again teamed up with Taste Cork to bring:
Taste Cork Week 2017, October 16th- 22nd And for the first time this year, an extended special “Taste Jazz” 23rd-26th October
There are almost 40 venues signed up this year all showcasing the best local produce our county has to offer! There are some fantastic events on across the week all of which are listed on our website www.festivalcork.com
Here’s just a taster of what the week holds: (please see our calendar for full list)
Wednesday 18th October, Electric Cork host a “Meet the Producers” event, giving people the chance to meet some of Cork's best producers, and of course sample their products. Tickets €25
Monday 16th October, Casanova Gelato are giving 6 lucky people the chance to become a Gelato maker for the day, with exclusive behind the scenes opportunity into the world of making ice cream! Tickets limited €55
Wednesday 18th October, Ballyvolane House host a distillery tour and lunch
Sunday 15th October, Longueville House offer an exclusive tour of their orchard and a very special Harvest Lunch
17th and 18th of October, Franciscan Well Brewpub will be hosting beer and whiskey tasting sessions
On The Pig's Back will be hosting cheese tasting session all week long in both The English Market and Douglas
Friday 20th October, Black Brewery are doing a tap take over in The Bierhaus
October 19th, Ballymaloe House have teamed up with Jameson Whiskey to host a supper club
October 17th, Holy Smoke are having a Taste Cork BBQ with craft beer and whiskey
For all tickets and info, and all other events please visit our website or Facebook page
Taste Jazz We have a series of very exciting pop ups for our extension of Taste Cork week with Guinness and Diageo, in the fantastic new Nano Nagle Place
Monday 23rd October 2017 - Seamus O'Connell of Ivory Tower presents “Tastescapes” Tuesday 24th October 2017 – Flavour.ie and Pamela Kelly of Market Lane present “From the Producer to the Plate”
Wednesday 25th October 2017 – The Fish Bar@The Electric presents “Plateau de fruits de Mer”
Thursday 26th October 2017 – Good Day Deli presents “Sustainable Foods with South Pacific Flavour” SOLD OUT!!
We are also featuring some great Jazz events in city venues:
Electric, Thursday 26th October, Free finger food and The Loungeman
Holy Smoke,Wednesday 25th October, “Jazz Cuts” A night of whiskey, steaks and live jazz The Raven, Wednesday 25th October, the newly refurbished Raven will host a cocktail evening
Sober Lane, Thursday 26th October, Roe and Co Whiskey Tasting and live music
And keep an eye out for our “Jazz Cafes” with some live music lunches across the city!
For up to date info and bookings, check the Festival website here