- Go Off the Eaten Track in Co Limerick during Herit...
- Griffin's Open Late for World Youth Angling Champi...
- Old Carrick Mill Discovers A French Connection!
- Bayview Hotel Launches ‘Banquet by the Bay’ Series...
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Launch of A Taste of West Cork Food Festival
- Kinsale Bay Food launch new Bord Bia packaging de...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Saturday, June 17, 2017
The convoy set out across the Blasket Sound and on their arrival the wedding feast began in earnest… Nine barrels of Bandon Rattler, brewed by Allmans in west Cork, were consumed at this feast, according to Méiní, and the fact that in Maurice Keane’s memory it was eight barrels plus a gallon of whiskey confirms that it was certainly an occasion when thirsty souls were amply refreshed… and no doubt the island musicians did their share.
from Méiní, The Blasket Nurse, by Leslie Matson (1996). Recommended.