- Griffins of Dripsey Join Dessert Festival Fun
- Mitchelstown Old Butter Road Event This Weekend!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Munster Wine & Dine. Gubbeen Visit Update!
- Family fun at Westport Food Festival
- The Return of the Campo Viejo Tapas Trail
- A Beginner's Guide To Kitchen Knife Techniques
- Herb Marinated Lamb Chops with Asparagus, Lemon, a...
- GREEN SPACE TO PARTNER MARKET LANE GROUP TO REDUCE FOOD MILES AND FOOD WASTE
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Emporium Raising the Bar in Cork
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- The C.A.T. is out!
- Blog Policy
Saturday, June 17, 2017
The convoy set out across the Blasket Sound and on their arrival the wedding feast began in earnest… Nine barrels of Bandon Rattler, brewed by Allmans in west Cork, were consumed at this feast, according to Méiní, and the fact that in Maurice Keane’s memory it was eight barrels plus a gallon of whiskey confirms that it was certainly an occasion when thirsty souls were amply refreshed… and no doubt the island musicians did their share.
from Méiní, The Blasket Nurse, by Leslie Matson (1996). Recommended.