- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Grub Club at the White Horse
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- Savour the last sip of summer with an Albarino tas...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- CHARITY ‘POP UP’ TO VISIT CORK CITY
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Saturday, June 17, 2017
The convoy set out across the Blasket Sound and on their arrival the wedding feast began in earnest… Nine barrels of Bandon Rattler, brewed by Allmans in west Cork, were consumed at this feast, according to Méiní, and the fact that in Maurice Keane’s memory it was eight barrels plus a gallon of whiskey confirms that it was certainly an occasion when thirsty souls were amply refreshed… and no doubt the island musicians did their share.
from Méiní, The Blasket Nurse, by Leslie Matson (1996). Recommended.