- The C.A.T. is out!
- The Tavern Lobster Festival on the May weekend
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda ...
- A Celebration of Milleens Farmhouse Cheese
- Georgina Campbell Irish Breakfast Awards 2017
- Food Waste Workshop Apr 24th
- Heading for San Sebastián? Top spots for wine and ...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR THE BASQUE CULINARY WORLD PRI...
- Hayfield Manor Welcomes New General Manager
- Food safety: simpler rules proposed for small reta...
- Blog Policy
Saturday, November 26, 2016
September had its miserable strictness of school’s restart and freedom’s loss, its watery, mocking sun, and its big anti-climaxes above in Croke Park, but it also had tarts and crumbles made with the finest of Mothers’s own apples that were still ripening an hour before, and that nearly made up for everything.
from The Thing About December by Donal Ryan (2013). Recommended