- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR THE BASQUE CULINARY WORLD PRI...
- Hayfield Manor Welcomes New General Manager
- April Danann: Fermentation is Life!
- Munster Wine & Dine Reminder on upcoming events 2017
- NEW YORKER FINE LAGER BEER
- Dublin's newest whiskey venture launched
- The First Food Academy Programme Of 2017
- Food safety: simpler rules proposed for small reta...
- Ireland’s first branded Irish cream liqueur launched
- Jonathan Keller crowned winner of the European Che...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
- Irish consumers look forward to World Pi(e) Day
Saturday, November 26, 2016
September had its miserable strictness of school’s restart and freedom’s loss, its watery, mocking sun, and its big anti-climaxes above in Croke Park, but it also had tarts and crumbles made with the finest of Mothers’s own apples that were still ripening an hour before, and that nearly made up for everything.
from The Thing About December by Donal Ryan (2013). Recommended