- Persia to West Cork via Galway's Mitzi’s Mezze
- Teeling Releases New Brabazon Port Cask Bottling
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Grub Club at the White Horse
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- Savour the last sip of summer with an Albarino tas...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- CHARITY ‘POP UP’ TO VISIT CORK CITY
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Saturday, November 26, 2016
September had its miserable strictness of school’s restart and freedom’s loss, its watery, mocking sun, and its big anti-climaxes above in Croke Park, but it also had tarts and crumbles made with the finest of Mothers’s own apples that were still ripening an hour before, and that nearly made up for everything.
from The Thing About December by Donal Ryan (2013). Recommended