- Claire remembered as Christmas lights switched on ...
- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- FANAH-FEST: An Eight Degrees Brewing Beer & Music ...
- Flavours of New Zealand
- Upcoming Masterclasses at CLIFF Academy
- Culinary Match. Market Lane Group and CIT'S Touris...
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Mallow Christmas Food and Craft Family Fair
- Dunnes Stores Awarded Irish Quality Food Retailer ...
- ROZANNA PURCELL & LIFEWAY KEFIR PARTNER TO PROMOTE...
- All the Cheese Champions for 2017
- Go Full Irish for Charity
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Saturday, August 20, 2016
‘Away from home our fans are fantastic, what I would call the hardcore fans, but at home they’ve had a few drinks and probably their prawn sandwiches and they don't realise what is going on out on the pitch. It’s out of order.’
Keane’s remarks about the prawn sandwiches caused a storm and made headlines for days. It prompted much debate as to whether too much success had made the fans complacent and whether too many fans enjoying corporate hospitality were contributing to the lack of atmosphere at Old Trafford.
from Roy Keane Portrait of a Legend by Stafford Hildred and Tim Ewbank (2007). No recommendation