- Bayview Hotel Launches ‘Banquet by the Bay’ Series...
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Launch of A Taste of West Cork Food Festival
- Kinsale Bay Food launch new Bord Bia packaging de...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Saturday, August 6, 2016
The drink of choice was Black Velvet, which was poured from largish jugs. Black Velvet is a mixture of Guinness and Champagne, mixed together in equal measure. Haughey was relaxed and appeared to be amongst friends. His friends were giving it to him and being irreverent. Haughey was able to take it and would laugh quite a lot through the dinner. Eventually he had to be carried off or hustled out to the car and home because he was beginning to topple off his chair.
from Haughey. Prince of Power. By Conor Lenihan. (Recommended)