- Teeling Releases New Brabazon Port Cask Bottling
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Grub Club at the White Horse
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- Savour the last sip of summer with an Albarino tas...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- CHARITY ‘POP UP’ TO VISIT CORK CITY
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Saturday, August 6, 2016
The drink of choice was Black Velvet, which was poured from largish jugs. Black Velvet is a mixture of Guinness and Champagne, mixed together in equal measure. Haughey was relaxed and appeared to be amongst friends. His friends were giving it to him and being irreverent. Haughey was able to take it and would laugh quite a lot through the dinner. Eventually he had to be carried off or hustled out to the car and home because he was beginning to topple off his chair.
from Haughey. Prince of Power. By Conor Lenihan. (Recommended)