- New Irish pot still gin, bursting with Mediterrane...
- Musgrave MarketPlace donates over 250,000 meals to...
- Munster Wine & Dine. Coming Soon. An evening at Ki...
- EU launches European Capital of Smart Tourism
- Cahernane House Hotel included in prestigious Cond...
- Musgrave MarketPlace announces partnership with Ch...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Introduction to Healthy Eating, at Richy's Clonaki...
- Burgundy on a West Cork Beach
- Franciscan Well Springs into Summer
- May is the Month for the Old Butter Roads Festival...
- IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
- West Cork Farm Tours – An authentic grass roots, I...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Taste of the Week. Pear & Vanilla Jam
Taste of the WeekPear & Vanilla Jam
The Big Red Kitchen are the producers of our current Taste of the Week: Pear and Vanilla Jam. This is their own description: The subtle flavour of the pear is lifted by the Madagascan vanilla in this sweet preserve. Pairs wonderfully with almond scones, or on the side of your cheeseboard. It is spot on; reckon Nicola writes as well as she cooks!
And she cooks a lot in that Big Red Kitchen in County Meath. You’ll find award-winning homemade jams, jellies, marmalades, curds, chutneys and dessert sauces in her portfolio. Check it out here.
And another thing I like about the Big Red Kitchen is that they publish recipes and ideas on their website. I had been thinking of using the Pear & Vanilla on ice-cream and that’s confirmed but Nicola also suggests using it with cheese.
Reckon there’ll be more than one Taste of the Week from County Meath (which, by coincidence, I’ll be visiting next week! Looking forward to it.
The Big Red Kitchen
Cara Tí, Stamullen, Co Meath, Ireland.