- Make A Date at the Mustard Seed to Celebrate Valen...
- LOVE (and some food & wine) is all you need at Lim...
- Declare Your Pride in Irish Food urges Restaurateu...
- Michelin Starred Chef Andy McFadden Shares His Favourite Quinoa Recipes
- Easter at The K Club. Eggs. And Golf!
- Kilkenny School of Food Seeks Tutors!
- Georgina Campbell’s Ireland - The Best of the Best
- Cahernane House Hotel entering final stage of €6.5...
- The Cask Ales and Extraordinary Brewing Festival a...
- EU PROGRAMME TO PROVIDE FOOD TO MOST DEPRIVED THRO...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Jean Smullen's Wine Diary
- The Franciscan Well Reveals Its First Festival of ...
- Blog Policy
- Update on "An Afternoon in Ballymaloe House includ...
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Taste of the Week. Pear & Vanilla Jam
Taste of the WeekPear & Vanilla Jam
The Big Red Kitchen are the producers of our current Taste of the Week: Pear and Vanilla Jam. This is their own description: The subtle flavour of the pear is lifted by the Madagascan vanilla in this sweet preserve. Pairs wonderfully with almond scones, or on the side of your cheeseboard. It is spot on; reckon Nicola writes as well as she cooks!
And she cooks a lot in that Big Red Kitchen in County Meath. You’ll find award-winning homemade jams, jellies, marmalades, curds, chutneys and dessert sauces in her portfolio. Check it out here.
And another thing I like about the Big Red Kitchen is that they publish recipes and ideas on their website. I had been thinking of using the Pear & Vanilla on ice-cream and that’s confirmed but Nicola also suggests using it with cheese.
Reckon there’ll be more than one Taste of the Week from County Meath (which, by coincidence, I’ll be visiting next week! Looking forward to it.
The Big Red Kitchen
Cara Tí, Stamullen, Co Meath, Ireland.