- A Simply Better Christmas
- Dress up Fancy for Saturday's Killavullen Farmers ...
- Cork’s Cask Bar and Greenes Restaurant Win Top Awa...
- West Cork Underwater Search & Rescue Fundraising G...
- Iconic Ha’penny Bridge inspires new handcrafted small-batch spirits range
- Granny Griffin Wins at Blas na hEireann 2018 In Di...
- Gold for Horgans at Blas Na hEireann
- Blas na hÉireann 2018 winners announced - 53 from ...
- GRAHAM’S winniGN WAYS WITH WOMEN
- City Hall Heats Up for 10th Annual Cork and Kerry ...
- FALLING FOR US- AUTUMN AT LYRATH ESTATE
- 'Cork Ale Trail Oktoberfest'
- Mellow Fruitfulness at Cahernane House Hotel
- Cork Cheese Week Latest
- FYFFES CELEBRATES 130 YEARS
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
Saturday, July 30, 2016
A few hours later, Lucy and I were ensconced inside Sean’s Presidential suit. There were lots of shrimps, bottles of champagne, laughs from the throat, laughs from the gut. Tom Jones, a Welshman to Sean Connery’s Scotsman, serenaded the room from enormous stereo speakers with “What’s New Pussycat?”
Eventually Sean took a seat on the couch between us so we could all study the dinner menu. The shrimp scampi and the vichyssoise, he said, were both a must. Sean poured us more champagne, which it was possibly a mistake to accept, as I was almost drunk already. Lucy, I could tell, was flirting with him…
From Boys in the Trees, a memoir by Carly Simon (2015).