- World's Best for Eight Degrees Brewing's Howling G...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Special Nights at Richy's for A Taste of West Cork
- O'Hara's to Steel the Show at Another Love Story 2...
- Cork's Only Bulb Day & World Honey Bee Day
- What’s on the menu at the Waterford Harvest Festiv...
- ROKU- Premium Japanese Craft Gin
- Ireland’s first Oyster Experience opens in Sligo t...
- 10th Annual Waterford Harvest Festival. Celebratin...
- India’s ancient soils and Europe’s modern winemake...
- The BIG Eggsellent Breakfast
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Saturday, July 30, 2016
A few hours later, Lucy and I were ensconced inside Sean’s Presidential suit. There were lots of shrimps, bottles of champagne, laughs from the throat, laughs from the gut. Tom Jones, a Welshman to Sean Connery’s Scotsman, serenaded the room from enormous stereo speakers with “What’s New Pussycat?”
Eventually Sean took a seat on the couch between us so we could all study the dinner menu. The shrimp scampi and the vichyssoise, he said, were both a must. Sean poured us more champagne, which it was possibly a mistake to accept, as I was almost drunk already. Lucy, I could tell, was flirting with him…
From Boys in the Trees, a memoir by Carly Simon (2015).