- Kelly’s Puddings go ‘All Ireland’ with Lidl
- Catalan Theme at next Market Lane Chef Sessions
- CHEF’S TABLE - SEASONS 5 & 6
- Franciscan Well wins Best Tourist Bar in Ireland
- Waterford Harvest Festival brings taste-bud tingling, foodie fun to the city
- Cliff House Hotel to host Harty’s Oyster Tour & Su...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection wins ‘Own Label Brand of the Year’ at the Food & Drink Business Awards 2018
- Market Lane Group Helps Keep Youth Rowing Programme Afloat
- 2018 A Taste of West Cork Food Festival has lift-off!
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- DERRY CLARKE & GARY O’HANLON TO HEADLINE STRANDHI...
- Waterford Harvest Festival A family-fun, festive ...
- Brownes - The Bar at Great Southern Killarney - wi...
- World's Best for Eight Degrees Brewing's Howling G...
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Taste of the Week. Mega Munchy Muesli by The Foods of Athenry
Taste of the Week
Mega Munchy Muesliby The Foods of Athenry
I have always enjoyed my breakfast when the Lawless family, the people behind the Foods of Athenry, are involved. So I was very much inclined to try their Mega Munchy Muesli when I saw it on the shelf in Bradley’s recently. At the back of my mind, there was a little hesitation though as sometimes muesli can be very very dry - unless you drown it with milk!
But no worries here. Just added a normal drop of milk and I had my Taste of the Week. They got this blend spot-on, a lovely mix of high-fibre gluten and wheat free jumbo oats with 40% added seeds, fruits and nuts - and nothing else. Aside from that drop of milk! Delicious.
I have also enjoyed their Strawberry and Vanilla Granola and their High Omega Very Berry Granola. Haven't had their Sunshine Porridge yet! So that’s on the list now. Variety is the spice of life
They make lots of gluten free products on the Lawless farm, including cakes and bars. Check them all out here. They are widely available in Ireland, in the UK and further afield. See stockists lists here.