+353 22 23299
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- Savour the last sip of summer with an Albarino tas...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- Like to join Saturday's Walk and Talk? Followed by lunch at Jacques.
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Waterford Harvest Festival has something to suit a...
- Come Dine with Us! A Taste of West Cork Food Festi...
- FESTIV-ALE in Cork!
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- CHARITY ‘POP UP’ TO VISIT CORK CITY
- Waterford Harvest Festival cultivates growing busi...
- Babies and Toddlers Welcome at Waterford Harvest Festival
- Exciting Harvest Dining on Waterford Festival Menu
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- FEAST in THE EAST. Midleton’s Renowned Food Festiv...
- Blog Policy
Thursday, March 17, 2016
Taste of the Week. Old Millbank Salmon Paté
Taste of the Week
Old Millbank Salmon Paté
Geraldine Bass is a regular at the local farmers markets here in Cork and her Old Millbank Salmon Paté is our Taste of the Week. You’ll certainly see her stall in Mahon Point (Thursdays) and Douglas (Saturdays).
The paté - you can get a nice little pot of it for four euro - comes two ways. The original is in a very tasty creamy paste, ideal for spreading on canapes or, if in a hurry, spooning! And now there is a variation. She adds little chunks of her salmon to it, giving an extra twist to the texture and the flavour (see photo above). Either way, it’s delicious.
Geraldine also sells her award winning smoked salmon to restaurants and delicatessens.
Old Mill Bank Smoke House, Willow Pond, Summer Park, Buttevant, Co. Cork.
It’s between Mallow and Buttevant, so sometimes you’ll see Mallow in the address.