- MEET THE PEOPLE BEHIND CORK’S LONG TABLE DINNER
- FIRST MARKET LANE SCHOLARSHIP HELPS STUDENT ON ROAD TO CULINARY SUCCESS
- Munster Wine & Dine. Cotton Ball Brewery May 29th 7.00pm
- Getaway to Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- MARKET LANE GROUP FLIES THE FLAG HIGH FOR EMPLOYEE...
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- A Mega Meitheal Coming May 2018: Events Calendar for Old Butter Roads Summer Féile
- Blog Policy
Monday, March 21, 2016
Taste of the Week. Kilmichael Goats Cheese
Taste of the Week
Kilmichael Goats Cheese
It comes in simple packaging. Just a round label on top and a wrap of cellophane. But there is a little beauty inside and it is our Taste of the Week. Kilmichael Soft Goats Cheese is made in Terelton, near Macroom, by Brian and Ann Bond. I came across this one in the Fresh from West Cork Cabinet in Bradley’s, North Main Street, Cork, but you will find it in quite a few Farmers Markets as well.
The cheese is made from raw milk, from their mixed herd. It is soft and creamy, as you might imagine, but full of flavour too. And yet the balance of flavour is such that a beginner to goats cheese won't be put off and still there’s enough there to keep you more then happy if you indulge in these cheeses regularly.