- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Of Mice and Mayors and Mulled Wine. Music too for ...
- FANAH-FEST: An Eight Degrees Brewing Beer & Music ...
- Flavours of New Zealand
- Upcoming Masterclasses at CLIFF Academy
- Culinary Match. Market Lane Group and CIT'S Touris...
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Mallow Christmas Food and Craft Family Fair
- Dunnes Stores Awarded Irish Quality Food Retailer ...
- Update on "An Afternoon in Ballymaloe House including Sunday Lunch"
- ROZANNA PURCELL & LIFEWAY KEFIR PARTNER TO PROMOTE...
- All the Cheese Champions for 2017
- Go Full Irish for Charity
- Listowel Food Fair Honours Georgina Campbell
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Thursday, March 24, 2016
On a Dublin Hill – Easter 1916
It was springtime in the mountains,
Walking free, blowing wild
Over lovers in the heather.
And a linnet sang on thistles
To a melody of kisses.
The sun was rising, rising
On the day of resurrection.
And a thorn tree was swaying
Keeping sunray from their eyes.
Then a sound like thunder
Shook the gladness from the day.
Sleepily, the lovers rose
From the shelter where they lay.
They strained their ears to hear
The breaking of the sky.
And in the streets of Dublin
Young men had choose to die.
A seagull from the sky came down,
Quick-dropping from the sun.
His weak twitching wings were blooded.
A rising had begun.