- Cork based TablePath puts you in control of your r...
- MEET THE PEOPLE BEHIND CORK’S LONG TABLE DINNER
- FIRST MARKET LANE SCHOLARSHIP HELPS STUDENT ON ROAD TO CULINARY SUCCESS
- Munster Wine & Dine. Cotton Ball Brewery May 29th 7.00pm
- Getaway to Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- A Mega Meitheal Coming May 2018: Events Calendar for Old Butter Roads Summer Féile
- Blog Policy
Thursday, March 24, 2016
On a Dublin Hill – Easter 1916
It was springtime in the mountains,
Walking free, blowing wild
Over lovers in the heather.
And a linnet sang on thistles
To a melody of kisses.
The sun was rising, rising
On the day of resurrection.
And a thorn tree was swaying
Keeping sunray from their eyes.
Then a sound like thunder
Shook the gladness from the day.
Sleepily, the lovers rose
From the shelter where they lay.
They strained their ears to hear
The breaking of the sky.
And in the streets of Dublin
Young men had choose to die.
A seagull from the sky came down,
Quick-dropping from the sun.
His weak twitching wings were blooded.
A rising had begun.