- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Of Mice and Mayors and Mulled Wine. Music too for ...
- FANAH-FEST: An Eight Degrees Brewing Beer & Music ...
- Flavours of New Zealand
- Upcoming Masterclasses at CLIFF Academy
- Culinary Match. Market Lane Group and CIT'S Touris...
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Mallow Christmas Food and Craft Family Fair
- Dunnes Stores Awarded Irish Quality Food Retailer ...
- Update on "An Afternoon in Ballymaloe House including Sunday Lunch"
- ROZANNA PURCELL & LIFEWAY KEFIR PARTNER TO PROMOTE...
- All the Cheese Champions for 2017
- Go Full Irish for Charity
- Listowel Food Fair Honours Georgina Campbell
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Saturday, March 12, 2016
If we had waterproof coats it would have been pleasant enough to drive in that spring rain. As it was we sought the shelter of trees or halted at cafés alongside the road. We had a marvellous lunch from the hotel at Lyon, an excellent truffled roast chicken, delicious bread and white Mâcon wine and Scott was very happy when we drank the white Mâconnais at each of our stops. At Mâcon I had bought four more bottles of excellent wine which I uncorked as we needed them.
I am not sure that Scott had ever drunk wine from a bottle before…
from A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway (1936)