- MEET THE PEOPLE BEHIND CORK’S LONG TABLE DINNER
- FIRST MARKET LANE SCHOLARSHIP HELPS STUDENT ON ROAD TO CULINARY SUCCESS
- Munster Wine & Dine. Cotton Ball Brewery May 29th 7.00pm
- Getaway to Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- MARKET LANE GROUP FLIES THE FLAG HIGH FOR EMPLOYEE...
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- A Mega Meitheal Coming May 2018: Events Calendar for Old Butter Roads Summer Féile
- Blog Policy
Saturday, March 12, 2016
If we had waterproof coats it would have been pleasant enough to drive in that spring rain. As it was we sought the shelter of trees or halted at cafés alongside the road. We had a marvellous lunch from the hotel at Lyon, an excellent truffled roast chicken, delicious bread and white Mâcon wine and Scott was very happy when we drank the white Mâconnais at each of our stops. At Mâcon I had bought four more bottles of excellent wine which I uncorked as we needed them.
I am not sure that Scott had ever drunk wine from a bottle before…
from A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway (1936)