- Griffin's Open Late for World Youth Angling Champi...
- Old Carrick Mill Discovers A French Connection!
- Bayview Hotel Launches ‘Banquet by the Bay’ Series...
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Launch of A Taste of West Cork Food Festival
- Kinsale Bay Food launch new Bord Bia packaging de...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Saturday, March 12, 2016
If we had waterproof coats it would have been pleasant enough to drive in that spring rain. As it was we sought the shelter of trees or halted at cafés alongside the road. We had a marvellous lunch from the hotel at Lyon, an excellent truffled roast chicken, delicious bread and white Mâcon wine and Scott was very happy when we drank the white Mâconnais at each of our stops. At Mâcon I had bought four more bottles of excellent wine which I uncorked as we needed them.
I am not sure that Scott had ever drunk wine from a bottle before…
from A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway (1936)