- Cork Cheese Week Latest
- FYFFES CELEBRATES 130 YEARS
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Kelly’s Puddings go ‘All Ireland’ with Lidl
- Munster Wine & Dine. Baltimore & Longueville on the Autumn Agenda.
- A fantastic week at Feast Cork 2018
- INTRODUCING CRUST, WEXFORD. A true Neapolitan Piz...
- Catalan Theme at next Market Lane Chef Sessions
- CHEF’S TABLE - SEASONS 5 & 6
- Franciscan Well wins Best Tourist Bar in Ireland
- Waterford Harvest Festival brings taste-bud tingling, foodie fun to the city
- Cliff House Hotel to host Harty’s Oyster Tour & Su...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection wins ‘Own Label Brand of the Year’ at the Food & Drink Business Awards 2018
- Market Lane Group Helps Keep Youth Rowing Programme Afloat
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Taste of the Week. So Milky Milk Chocolate
Taste of the Week
So Milky Milk Chocolate
One of the bonuses of visiting Clonakilty recently for A Taste of West Cork was the chance to meet chocolatier Allison Roberts at the tasting event in Spiller’s Lane. She was one of the local producers showing their wares and I stocked up on her chocolate bars, including the So Milky Milk bar, our Taste of the Week.
This has no “artificial anything” and is “Gluten free”. Aside from Cocoa, the other main ingredient is Coconut Blossom Syrup. And the milk is not from the cow but from the goat!
Clonakilty Chocolate is a Fairtrade operation, the beans coming to Clon from the farmers of Kokoo (Ghana). Even the wrapper is bio-degradeable. Eating it, the chocolate that is, will make you feel good in more ways than one!
Other bars include: Chai Chilli, 100% Cocoa, Decadent Dark, Wild West Salty, and Seriously Minted. The Salty and the Minted are also among my favourites but do sample and take your pick from a great choice.