- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Special Nights at Richy's for A Taste of West Cork
- O'Hara's to Steel the Show at Another Love Story 2...
- Cork's Only Bulb Day & World Honey Bee Day
- What’s on the menu at the Waterford Harvest Festiv...
- ROKU- Premium Japanese Craft Gin
- Ireland’s first Oyster Experience opens in Sligo t...
- 10th Annual Waterford Harvest Festival. Celebratin...
- India’s ancient soils and Europe’s modern winemake...
- The BIG Eggsellent Breakfast
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Pearse Lyons Distillery celebrates limited release...
- Blog Policy
Sunday, March 15, 2015
In this spirit I launch my enquiry into the disappearance of the small and wiry Londoner. The jockey-shaped Cockney, he of the fast fingers and the pipe-cleaner limbs, is an endangered species. Bottoms, and breasts (bristols, boobs, knockers, etc.) are growing unchecked. Londoners are eating McDonald’s, Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken. They live entirely on these protein-packed foods with the consequence that they are becoming bulky. The little pickpockets, purse snatchers, chimney sweeps, and sneak thieves have vanished in one generation.
from City-Lit, London, this from an extract from Look At It This Way by Justin Cartwright