- Make A Date at the Mustard Seed to Celebrate Valen...
- LOVE (and some food & wine) is all you need at Lim...
- Declare Your Pride in Irish Food urges Restaurateu...
- Michelin Starred Chef Andy McFadden Shares His Favourite Quinoa Recipes
- Easter at The K Club. Eggs. And Golf!
- Kilkenny School of Food Seeks Tutors!
- Georgina Campbell’s Ireland - The Best of the Best
- Cahernane House Hotel entering final stage of €6.5...
- The Cask Ales and Extraordinary Brewing Festival a...
- EU PROGRAMME TO PROVIDE FOOD TO MOST DEPRIVED THRO...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Jean Smullen's Wine Diary
- The Franciscan Well Reveals Its First Festival of ...
- Blog Policy
- Update on "An Afternoon in Ballymaloe House includ...
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Taste of the Week. Redbreast Mano a Lámh
Taste of the Week
Redbreast Mano a Lámh
Some were worried that this limited edition Redbreast Mano a Lámh would be dominated by the sherry, the whiskey having been matured exclusively in first fill Spanish Oloroso sherry casks.
Certainly, you get sherry aromas, especially early on, and indeed some flavours too but, no mistake about it, this is very much a whiskey, very much a Redbreast, enhanced by its encounter with the Spanish wood and is my Taste of the Week.
If you join the Stillhouse (no fee), you’ll get special offers from time to time. Not sure though if they have any of the original 2000 bottles of this one left. Must say, aside from the odd offer, there is a wealth of information on the site and it is well worth a look.
The Single Pot Still site: Redbreast Mano a Lámh is being released exclusively to members of The Stillhouse. While the core Redbreast range is matured in a combination of American bourbon and Spanish oloroso butts, Redbreast Mano a Lámh luxuriates in this signature sherry style by bringing together whiskeys which have been matured exclusively in first fill Spanish oloroso sherry casks, imparting distinct, rich, fruity flavours and a full body.