- Stojo - The On-the-Go Collapsible Cup
- WINTER WARMER AT LYRATH ESTATE
- A Simply Better Christmas
- Dress up Fancy for Saturday's Killavullen Farmers ...
- Cork’s Cask Bar and Greenes Restaurant Win Top Awa...
- West Cork Underwater Search & Rescue Fundraising G...
- Iconic Ha’penny Bridge inspires new handcrafted small-batch spirits range
- Granny Griffin Wins at Blas na hEireann 2018 In Di...
- Gold for Horgans at Blas Na hEireann
- Blas na hÉireann 2018 winners announced - 53 from ...
- GRAHAM’S winniGN WAYS WITH WOMEN
- City Hall Heats Up for 10th Annual Cork and Kerry ...
- FALLING FOR US- AUTUMN AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Mellow Fruitfulness at Cahernane House Hotel
- Cork Cheese Week Latest
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Taste of the Week. Elderberry Syrup from Wild Irish Foragers
Taste of the Week
Elderberry Syrup from Wild Irish Foragers
Wild Irish Foragers are a farm based family business in Shinrone, Birr, Co Offaly, and frequently seen at food fairs and festivals; their products are also available in the English Market and the Village Greengrocer in Castlemartyr. They will have a stall at the big Shed for the 2015 Ballymaloe LitFest. There is a full list of stockists here.
I always enjoy products from the elderberry tree, even though I often get a headache if I handle the wood itself! So it was on the cards that I’d like this Elderberry Syrup. I sure did, particularly drizzled over the morning porridge. Very flavoursome and my Taste of the Week. The following paragraph is from their own Facebook page.
Elderberry Syrup (Silver Award Winner - Blas na hEireann 2013)
A powerful antioxidant, black elderberries have been used to traditionally combat illness since ancient times and have twice the natural antioxidant capacity of blueberries and almost twice that of cranberries. Rich in Vitamin C. Excellent for boosting the immune system & helps to lower cholesterol.A great preventative against flus etc For health benefits take one 5ml teaspoon per day (a months supply per bottle). Can be taken neat off the spoon or added as a topping to breakfast porridge/ natural yogurt etc or drizzle a teaspoon over a fruit salad.Can also be taken in warm water or added to a black or green tea to make a fruit tea
Also excellent mixed with still / sparkling water (dilute to taste) or as a mixer with white wine or spirits
Both Syrups are a great tonic for both children & adults alike
Check here for a full list of the products from Wild Irish Foragers, including other syrups, Wild Shrubs (drinking vinegars), preserves, sauces and much more.