- Rutherford is probably best known for its stickies, the local name for sweet dessert wines. Chris Pfeiffer was in Cork three years back promoting them. See what he had to say here.
- Stojo - The On-the-Go Collapsible Cup
- WINTER WARMER AT LYRATH ESTATE
- A Simply Better Christmas
- Dress up Fancy for Saturday's Killavullen Farmers ...
- Cork’s Cask Bar and Greenes Restaurant Win Top Awa...
- West Cork Underwater Search & Rescue Fundraising G...
- Iconic Ha’penny Bridge inspires new handcrafted small-batch spirits range
- Granny Griffin Wins at Blas na hEireann 2018 In Di...
- Gold for Horgans at Blas Na hEireann
- Blas na hÉireann 2018 winners announced - 53 from ...
- GRAHAM’S winniGN WAYS WITH WOMEN
- City Hall Heats Up for 10th Annual Cork and Kerry ...
- FALLING FOR US- AUTUMN AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Mellow Fruitfulness at Cahernane House Hotel
- Cork Cheese Week Latest
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Pfeiffer’s Parish Wine Travels Well
Pfeiffer’s Parish Wine Travels Well.
So You Don’t Have To!
Pfeiffer Carlyle Chardonnay Marsanne 2011, Rutherglen (Victoria, AUS), 13%, €14.95 (reduced from 19.95) Karwig Wines http://www.karwigwines.ie .
Alternatively, a few kilometers south of Cork, at the southern edge of Carrigaline, you’ll find Joe Karwig’s Wine-shop and inside, just across from the front door, you’ll see this Chardonnay Marsanne on the Australian shelf. But, hurry, there is a fiver off at present.
Marsanne is not all that well known and, according to the latest edition of the World Atlas of Wine, is a regional (rather than international) grape. But is it widely grown, not least here in the state of Victoria. Father and daughter winemaking team, Chris (below) and Jen Pfeiffer, oversee the blend.
Extended lees contact helps build a creamy texture. I have been drinking the various editions of the blend over the years and have always been impressed. This current one is no exception. It is crisp and fresh with stone fruit aromas and flavours, lightly creamy on the palate and with a clean and refreshing finish.
Just the job for the New Year celebrations!