- World's Best for Eight Degrees Brewing's Howling G...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Special Nights at Richy's for A Taste of West Cork
- O'Hara's to Steel the Show at Another Love Story 2...
- Cork's Only Bulb Day & World Honey Bee Day
- What’s on the menu at the Waterford Harvest Festiv...
- ROKU- Premium Japanese Craft Gin
- Ireland’s first Oyster Experience opens in Sligo t...
- 10th Annual Waterford Harvest Festival. Celebratin...
- India’s ancient soils and Europe’s modern winemake...
- The BIG Eggsellent Breakfast
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Monday, April 29, 2013
Amuse Bouche. Palestinian Picnics.
We spread a red and white checked cloth over the rock and placed on it different salads and vegetable dishes that we had brought with us. We ended with a colourful display, all entirely vegetarian. There was beetroot salad, baba ganoush [an aubergine dip], goat’s cheese, a bowl of carrots, tomatoes and broccoli, different kinds of patties and fruits. We settled down to eat, the men from the group opposite left the women and children to search for dry wood for their barbecue of kufta and lamb chops.
From Occupation Diaries by Raja Shehadeh.