- Kinsale Bay Food launch new Bord Bia packaging de...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Griffins of Dripsey Join Dessert Festival Fun
- GREEN SPACE TO PARTNER MARKET LANE GROUP TO REDUCE FOOD MILES AND FOOD WASTE
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- Blog Policy
Monday, April 29, 2013
Amuse Bouche. Palestinian Picnics.
We spread a red and white checked cloth over the rock and placed on it different salads and vegetable dishes that we had brought with us. We ended with a colourful display, all entirely vegetarian. There was beetroot salad, baba ganoush [an aubergine dip], goat’s cheese, a bowl of carrots, tomatoes and broccoli, different kinds of patties and fruits. We settled down to eat, the men from the group opposite left the women and children to search for dry wood for their barbecue of kufta and lamb chops.
From Occupation Diaries by Raja Shehadeh.