- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Special Nights at Richy's for A Taste of West Cork
- O'Hara's to Steel the Show at Another Love Story 2...
- Cork's Only Bulb Day & World Honey Bee Day
- What’s on the menu at the Waterford Harvest Festiv...
- ROKU- Premium Japanese Craft Gin
- Ireland’s first Oyster Experience opens in Sligo t...
- 10th Annual Waterford Harvest Festival. Celebratin...
- India’s ancient soils and Europe’s modern winemake...
- The BIG Eggsellent Breakfast
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Pearse Lyons Distillery celebrates limited release...
- Blog Policy
Monday, April 30, 2012
Jeni wins Chef du Jour
Congrats to Jeni Pim who won the Fenn's Quay Chef du Jour 2012 in a cook off with Sarah O'Riordan over four courses last night. Jeni is pictured above receiving her prize from Michael Creedon of Bradley's (the sponsors).
Photos, clockwise from top left: Antipasti of Bruschetta with Bloody Mary Shot (by J), the two starters, on a judge's plate, (Baby Beetroot and Shallot Tatin (J), Crispy Duck Egg with Asparagus soldiers (S), Tiramisu Cake (J), Lamb Neck Fillet (S), Beef and Beetroot Slider (S) and Churros with mocha ganache and chocolate mousse (S).
So well done to the earlier contestants, Paul Callaghan and Paul Axford, to Kate Lawlor and her team at Fenns Quay and thanks also to my fellow judges Margaret Smith and Evin O'Keeffe.