- Dress up Fancy for Saturday's Killavullen Farmers ...
- Cork’s Cask Bar and Greenes Restaurant Win Top Awa...
- West Cork Underwater Search & Rescue Fundraising G...
- Iconic Ha’penny Bridge inspires new handcrafted small-batch spirits range
- Granny Griffin Wins at Blas na hEireann 2018 In Di...
- Gold for Horgans at Blas Na hEireann
- Blas na hÉireann 2018 winners announced - 53 from ...
- GRAHAM’S winniGN WAYS WITH WOMEN
- City Hall Heats Up for 10th Annual Cork and Kerry ...
- FALLING FOR US- AUTUMN AT LYRATH ESTATE
- 'Cork Ale Trail Oktoberfest'
- Mellow Fruitfulness at Cahernane House Hotel
- Cork Cheese Week Latest
- FYFFES CELEBRATES 130 YEARS
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
Monday, April 30, 2012
Jeni wins Chef du Jour
Congrats to Jeni Pim who won the Fenn's Quay Chef du Jour 2012 in a cook off with Sarah O'Riordan over four courses last night. Jeni is pictured above receiving her prize from Michael Creedon of Bradley's (the sponsors).
Photos, clockwise from top left: Antipasti of Bruschetta with Bloody Mary Shot (by J), the two starters, on a judge's plate, (Baby Beetroot and Shallot Tatin (J), Crispy Duck Egg with Asparagus soldiers (S), Tiramisu Cake (J), Lamb Neck Fillet (S), Beef and Beetroot Slider (S) and Churros with mocha ganache and chocolate mousse (S).
So well done to the earlier contestants, Paul Callaghan and Paul Axford, to Kate Lawlor and her team at Fenns Quay and thanks also to my fellow judges Margaret Smith and Evin O'Keeffe.