|Dubliner cheese and baked potato|
- Musgrave MarketPlace donates over 250,000 meals to...
- Munster Wine & Dine. Coming Soon. An evening at Ki...
- EU launches European Capital of Smart Tourism
- Cahernane House Hotel included in prestigious Cond...
- Musgrave MarketPlace announces partnership with Ch...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Introduction to Healthy Eating, at Richy's Clonaki...
- Burgundy on a West Cork Beach
- Franciscan Well Springs into Summer
- May is the Month for the Old Butter Roads Festival...
- IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
- West Cork Farm Tours – An authentic grass roots, I...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Thursday, August 18, 2011
WEST CORK'S CARBERY WINS UK CHEESE GOLD
Dubliner Cheese wins GOLD at the prestigious
Bath and West Cheese Show
Award-winning Dubliner Cheese - The perfect ingredient for al fresco dining this summer
Dubliner Cheese, the delicious range of Irish cheese made by Carbery in West Cork to a traditional recipe, has beaten off stiff competition from bigger European cheese makers in countries such as Italy, Holland, Norway and Spain to win GOLD in the specialty hard cheese class at the prestigious Bath and West Cheese Show.
Niamh Lennon, Sales and Marketing Manager for Dubliner Cheese said: “We are delighted that Dubliner Cheese has received such a prestigious award. This award recognises our dedication to producing some of the best tasting cheese available and demonstrates once again that consumers can choose the best quality, best tasting products from Irish producers. Dubliner cheese continues to maintain the gold stamp of approval!”
This most recent win further reinforcesthe fact that Dubliner Cheese is clearly an award winning cheese. Enjoyed hot or cold, Dubliner Cheese is the perfect accompaniment to lots of family favourite meals. It has an amazing rounded flavour and a firm, slightly dry texture. It’s smooth to the palate and leaves a gentle sweet lingering aftertaste. And by switching to Dubliner Light, there is no need to compromise on taste, with 30% less fat, you can still enjoy your favourite cheese recipes - guilt-free!
Award-winning Dubliner Cheese is the perfect ingredient for al fresco dining. Dining al fresco is one of the many perks of summer weather, there’s just something about the warmth of the sun that makes a salad or light lunch taste so much more delicious. Summertime is all about picnics, BBQ’s and al fresco dining and Dubliner Cheese is a delicious option for those looking for fun ways to enjoy good summer food!
This summer why not mix it up a little! There are countless ways to enjoy Dubliner Cheese every day….
· Steaming hot Baked Potatoes crowned with thick chunks of Dubliner Cheese – melting slowly!
· Lasagna bubbling up and bursting through a crispy golden Dubliner Cheese crackling top
· A juicy Angus beef-burger cooked on a charcoal griddle, topped off with a chunky, moreish melt of Dubliner Cheese
· Or chop Dubliner Cheese into chunks and add to fresh salads, grate onto sandwiches, stir into creamy pasta or use as a cheesy dip with yummy nachos – perfect for entertaining!
Now is the time to gather your closest friends and family and head outside for award-winning cheese dishes and great company, al fresco style. Happy summer!
The Dubliner Cheese product range consists of:
· Dubliner White Block 200g and 400g
· Dubliner Red Block 200g
· Dubliner Mild Block 200g
· Dubliner Vintage Block 200g
· Dubliner Light White Block 200g (30% less fat)
· Dubliner Light Red Block 200g (30% less fat)
· Dubliner Red Slices 200g
· Dubliner White Slices 200g
· Dubliner Light White Slices 180g
· Dubliner Red Grated 200g
Dubliner Cheese is available from supermarkets nationwide
About Dubliner Cheese:
Dubliner Cheese is produced by Carbery. Carbery, based in Co. Cork, Ireland’s dairy heartland, has been making high quality cheeses for nearly forty years. The temperate environment of this area ensures a long grass-growing season to produce high quality milk - the vital ingredient needed to craft delicious cheeses. Dubliner Cheese was launched in Ireland in 1996 and has grown to be one of the country’s favourite cheeses. Dubliner Cheese is proud to be a five time National Cheese Awards gold medallist, on the back of lifetimes of heritage cheese-making.