- The Best Main Dish - Dux & Co www.facebook.com/duxandco
- The Best Dessert - The Choux Box www.facebook.com/TheChouxBox
- The Best Beverage - Coffee Angel www.coffeeangel.com
- Best Looking Mobiler - All Bar None www.allbarone.ie
- The Dubliner Best of Dublin Award - Dux & Co
- Musgrave MarketPlace donates over 250,000 meals to...
- Munster Wine & Dine. Coming Soon. An evening at Ki...
- EU launches European Capital of Smart Tourism
- Cahernane House Hotel included in prestigious Cond...
- Musgrave MarketPlace announces partnership with Ch...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Introduction to Healthy Eating, at Richy's Clonaki...
- Burgundy on a West Cork Beach
- Franciscan Well Springs into Summer
- May is the Month for the Old Butter Roads Festival...
- IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
- West Cork Farm Tours – An authentic grass roots, I...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Top outdoor street food vendors announced at Dublin Street Food Awards 2011
[yellow tail] People’s Choice Award goes to
The Paella Guys
11 August 2011
The Paella Guys have been announced as the winner of the [yellow tail] People’s Choice Award at the Dublin Street Food Awards 2011, which was held at an exclusive [yellow tail] summer wine party at Pygmalion this evening.
The Dublin Street Food Awards are a celebration of the quality ‘food-to-go’ which is available from outdoor mobilers and stall holders across Dublin. The awards recognise those who work hard and brave the elements to feed us at outdoor events, festivals, sporting events, weekly farmers markets, Christmas markets and lunchtime markets on the streets around the capital.
[yellow tail], Ireland’s favourite Australian wine, ‘People’s Choice Award’ is one of the most coveted accolades at the event, as chosen by the public and readers of The Dubliner Magazine. The Paella Guys (www.facebook.com/
thepaellaguys) was started in 2009 by Ian Marconi, a chef who learned his trade working for the restaurants Moro and St John's in London. The Paella Guys now serve delicious paella and moorish meatballs at seven markets around Dublin.
A panel of judges, including some of Ireland’s top restaurant reviewers from the review team for The Dubliner 100 Best Restaurants guide and chaired by Dubliner Magazine’s Paul Trainer also crowned winners in the below categories:
The ‘Dubliner Best of Dublin’ overall winner, Dux & Co, receives an exclusive free pitch at this year’s Electric Picnic festival.
Sallyanne Cooney, General Manager of Gleeson’s incorporating Gilbey’s, which distributes [yellow tail] wine in Ireland, says:
“[yellow tail], Ireland’s favourite Australian wine, is delighted to be associated with the Dublin Street Food Awards and we are keen to acknowledge the achievement and individuality of these creative vendors. [yellow tail] is all about good taste, great times and encourages people to break the wine ‘rules’. The Paella Guys represent this. They have created something that is quite unique and great tasting but also delivers on quality and value, plus the public love them!”
[yellow tail] is available from all major stores (Dunnes, Tesco’s, Superquinn and Supervalu)
with an RRP of €9.35