- Estrella Damm to Continue Partnership with Food On...
- Revamp unveiled of well-known Kinsale restaurant ...
- Carl D’Alton From Cask Wins World Class Irish Bart...
- 420 GUESTS TO DINE OUTDOORS FOR CORK’S LONG TABLE...
- Renowned London Cocktail Bar Callooh Callay To Pop Up in Cork; One Night Only
- SuperValu Unveils Its New Summer Wine Range. With ...
- UK’S BEST PIZZA CHEF, DAVIDE D’AURIA, TO HOST A MA...
- 100,000 Footfall Boost Expected for Newbridge Silverware with Launch of Factory Tour
- Freshii Goes Greener: Compostable Packaging, Cutl...
- Archway Lager launched by Franciscan Well
- Summer Season In Cask Cocktail Bar In Cork Kicks O...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Mescan Brewery Tours - New for Summer 2018
- Cork based TablePath puts you in control of your r...
- FIRST MARKET LANE SCHOLARSHIP HELPS STUDENT ON ROAD TO CULINARY SUCCESS
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Blog Policy
Friday, August 19, 2011
FROM TUSCANY WITH LOVE, SPAIN TOO!
It may be summer time but "The Boys" at www.fromvineyardsdirect.ie are always on the lookout and and they have come up with two mouth watering surprises whilst you wait for the Burren House Wine Tasting list:
Pietro Catelli’s Casa Catelli / Rosso Di Toscana IGT 2008
The grape varieties used to produce this wine are: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Sangiovese.
Bolgheri, because of its closeness to the sea, has a more temperate microclimate than in the Tuscan hills, meaning that Bordeaux grape varieties like Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot thrive. From the 60s onwards innovative producers such the Antinori family experimented with these grapes, in this region, and the “Super Tuscans” were born: red wines that do not adhere to the traditional blending laws. Today Pietro Catelli follows this modern tradition!
Appelation: IGT Toscana Alcohol: 13.5%
1-2 Cases €143.40 / €11.95 per bottle
3+ Cases €131.40 / €10.95 per bottle
II. AND THE FRESHEST AND MOST SOPHISTICATED OF ALBARIñOS:
A fine example of Spain's top white grape variety made by Castro Baroña in the heart of Salnés, probably the best region for producing the extremely fashionable Albariño grapes. Albariño produces some of Spain’s most elegant and expensive whites and this is one of the best we've tasted. This is a delightfully fresh wine, best drunk over the next couple of years whilst it is young. It pairs beautifully with goats cheese, or, as the Galicians do, with Gambas Pil-Pil and other shellfish. It is also delicious just on its own
Tasting Notes: Pale lemon colour, aromas of peaches and tropical white fruit. Full, expressive with lush fruit aromas bursting from the glass and nicely balanced acidity.
1-2 Cases €155.40 / €12.95 per bottle
3+ Cases €150.00 / €12.50 per bottle