- Teeling Releases New Brabazon Port Cask Bottling
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Grub Club at the White Horse
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- Savour the last sip of summer with an Albarino tas...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- CHARITY ‘POP UP’ TO VISIT CORK CITY
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Friday, August 19, 2011
FROM TUSCANY WITH LOVE, SPAIN TOO!
It may be summer time but "The Boys" at www.fromvineyardsdirect.ie are always on the lookout and and they have come up with two mouth watering surprises whilst you wait for the Burren House Wine Tasting list:
Pietro Catelli’s Casa Catelli / Rosso Di Toscana IGT 2008
The grape varieties used to produce this wine are: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Sangiovese.
Bolgheri, because of its closeness to the sea, has a more temperate microclimate than in the Tuscan hills, meaning that Bordeaux grape varieties like Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot thrive. From the 60s onwards innovative producers such the Antinori family experimented with these grapes, in this region, and the “Super Tuscans” were born: red wines that do not adhere to the traditional blending laws. Today Pietro Catelli follows this modern tradition!
Appelation: IGT Toscana Alcohol: 13.5%
1-2 Cases €143.40 / €11.95 per bottle
3+ Cases €131.40 / €10.95 per bottle
II. AND THE FRESHEST AND MOST SOPHISTICATED OF ALBARIñOS:
A fine example of Spain's top white grape variety made by Castro Baroña in the heart of Salnés, probably the best region for producing the extremely fashionable Albariño grapes. Albariño produces some of Spain’s most elegant and expensive whites and this is one of the best we've tasted. This is a delightfully fresh wine, best drunk over the next couple of years whilst it is young. It pairs beautifully with goats cheese, or, as the Galicians do, with Gambas Pil-Pil and other shellfish. It is also delicious just on its own
Tasting Notes: Pale lemon colour, aromas of peaches and tropical white fruit. Full, expressive with lush fruit aromas bursting from the glass and nicely balanced acidity.
1-2 Cases €155.40 / €12.95 per bottle
3+ Cases €150.00 / €12.50 per bottle