- Renowned London Cocktail Bar Callooh Callay To Pop Up in Cork; One Night Only
- SuperValu Unveils Its New Summer Wine Range. With ...
- UK’S BEST PIZZA CHEF, DAVIDE D’AURIA, TO HOST A MA...
- 100,000 Footfall Boost Expected for Newbridge Silverware with Launch of Factory Tour
- Freshii Goes Greener: Compostable Packaging, Cutl...
- Archway Lager launched by Franciscan Well
- Summer Season In Cask Cocktail Bar In Cork Kicks O...
- Official Opening June 18th for Athula Fusion Foods...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- CORK SUMMER SHOW: A CELEBRATION OF FARMLIFE FOR AL...
- Mescan Brewery Tours - New for Summer 2018
- Cork based TablePath puts you in control of your r...
- FIRST MARKET LANE SCHOLARSHIP HELPS STUDENT ON ROAD TO CULINARY SUCCESS
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Blog Policy
Friday, August 12, 2011
Cesare Benvenuto from Pio Cesare comes to town
The Restaurant @ Donnybrook Fair is delighted to welcome Cesare Benvenuto from Pio Cesare on Wednesday 28th September at 7.45pm to host an Italian wine dinner. Cesare will introduce a selection of traditional Piemontese wines which have been produced by his family for five generations in their ancient cellars, located in the town of Alba. The evening is priced at €60 per person or €100 per couple.
These wines will bepaired with a four course menu, including traditional Italian fare, specially selected for the occasion by Ben Anderson, Head Chef of The Restaurant @ Donnybrook Fair. Each of the wines featured will be available to purchase at a reduced price on the night.
The Pio Cesare winery was founded in 1881 by the family’s great great-grandfather Cesare Pio. He was one of the very first wine producers to believe in the great potential and quality of Barolo, Barbaresco, Barbera and in the other great wines of Piemonte. In addition to its own vineyards, Pio Cesare has fostered long-term relationships with growers for several generations, managing all aspects of viticulture in these vineyards.
Cesare’s wines are fermented and aged using modern winemaking techniques in tandem with the traditional methods of the region. After ageing in large casks and barriques of different French oaks the wines are further bottle-aged before their release. All these elements contribute to the continuously high quality of the wines of Pio Cesare, while paying tribute to the vines and to the terroir.
DATE: Wednesday 28th September TIME: 19.45
LOCATION: The Restaurant @ Donnybrook Fair
COST: €60 per person / €100 per couple / limited places available
T: 01 614 4849 E: firstname.lastname@example.org