|Jack (left) and Timmy|
- Renowned London Cocktail Bar Callooh Callay To Pop Up in Cork; One Night Only
- SuperValu Unveils Its New Summer Wine Range. With ...
- UK’S BEST PIZZA CHEF, DAVIDE D’AURIA, TO HOST A MA...
- 100,000 Footfall Boost Expected for Newbridge Silverware with Launch of Factory Tour
- Freshii Goes Greener: Compostable Packaging, Cutl...
- Archway Lager launched by Franciscan Well
- Summer Season In Cask Cocktail Bar In Cork Kicks O...
- Official Opening June 18th for Athula Fusion Foods...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- CORK SUMMER SHOW: A CELEBRATION OF FARMLIFE FOR AL...
- Mescan Brewery Tours - New for Summer 2018
- Cork based TablePath puts you in control of your r...
- FIRST MARKET LANE SCHOLARSHIP HELPS STUDENT ON ROAD TO CULINARY SUCCESS
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Blog Policy
Thursday, June 30, 2011
KANTURK'S ROYAL BUTCHERS
MCCARTHY’S OF KANTURK
When Queen Elizabeth visited Ireland recently, McCarthy’s black pudding was served at the state banquet. It was chosen because of the quality and flavour imparted by fresh blood from free range pigs, coarse Macroom Oatmeal, fresh cream and butter from North Cork Dairy and Midleton Special Reserve Whiskey.
Jack McCarthy is getting used to these big occasions. Last year, The Brotherhood of the Knights of the Blackpudding from France came to Kanturk to honour the pioneering butcher for the outstanding quality of his pudding.
The people of Kanturk are lucky to have such a facility on their doorstep. But wait a minute. You don't have to be a North Cork resident to enjoy McCarthy’s quality meats. Just check into their website above or follow them on Facebook and you’ll see that you can order online and have your meat in no time at all.
Jack and Timmy were in top form at last weekend’s TasteFest in Cork and were handing out money off vouchers to their many followers. Don’t worry if you missed out on the vouchers; there are many special offers in the online shop and delivery is free in Cork on orders of over €100.00 (until August 1st, 2011).
McCarthy’s may have hit the headlines in recent years but they have been butchers here since 1892 and this is the fifth generation of the family in the business.
You can sense the pride when Jack speaks of the business and its new and unexpected turns: “Buying meat online is the new idea but supplying quality is a tradition for McCarthy’s”.
A tradition you can try out for yourself. That renowned quality, fit for a queen, is just a humble click away.