- World's Best for Eight Degrees Brewing's Howling G...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Special Nights at Richy's for A Taste of West Cork
- O'Hara's to Steel the Show at Another Love Story 2...
- Cork's Only Bulb Day & World Honey Bee Day
- What’s on the menu at the Waterford Harvest Festiv...
- ROKU- Premium Japanese Craft Gin
- Ireland’s first Oyster Experience opens in Sligo t...
- 10th Annual Waterford Harvest Festival. Celebratin...
- India’s ancient soils and Europe’s modern winemake...
- The BIG Eggsellent Breakfast
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Friday, April 2, 2010
Fenn’s Quay is well known for the quality of its food but today I start by praising its wine. Kevin Crowley knows his and puts in a big effort to provide his customers with quality and value when it comes to having a drink with a meal.
Last evening, we choose a Chilean Viu Manent Malbec to go with our Ossa Bucco (braised beef in this case). Delighted with it and, in the low 20s, it was good value as were the recent reds there, which included Cave de Tain Syrah VDP 2006 (from the Rhone Valley and now the house red) and previously the Spanish Bodegas Castano Monastrell 2007 Yecla and that is just to name a few off the lower end of a very impressive list indeed.
We started off last evening with a tomato and roast pepper soup. The Braised Beef shin was accompanied by a tomato and red wine sauce. It smelled good as it came to the table and was just gorgeous, falling away from the bone and just like your granny (your Irish granny) used to make it.
Desserts were excellent, both specials. I had an almond tart under a juicy mound of strawberries and the other dessert was a well done Bread and Butter Pudding.
I mentioned specials there. The website does show the regular meals but the choice here is much bigger, with specials added every evening to both the Supper (27.50 for 3 courses) and the a al carte Menus.
Once again, another enjoyable evening at Fenn’s Quay. Atmosphere is always nice and relaxed and the service friendly and efficient.